Friday, December 21, 2007

To Gibson

To my friend my ally a brother in arms
don't lose your spirit your grit your charm
don't be alarmed by the sights you see
after all nobody said war was pretty

I hope that things go safely and well
but I do not doubt that time will tell
I hope you become a sniper or accomplish your dreams
whatever and wherever it takes through any means

Gibson you are a soldier now this is true
but to me you'll always be quirky old you
I hope that the war going on will end soon
so they pay for college and it becomes a boon

While sleeping under the night sky in Baghdad
don't get bitten by a camel spider that would be a tad
bad,unpleasant, and not exactly ideal.
Superman would avoid one the man of steal
so keep it real do what you feel
make sure to get 3 square meals
and if you bleed it heals
don't hesitate to kneel
and pray to make the war go away
so you can come back and act today

Gibson Here's to you
you've done what you've wanted to do
I wish you only the best
as you enter the nest

No comments: