Friday, December 21, 2007

old friends

Old friends they come they go
much like the weather when it snows
the ice melts the relationship flows
and it either dies or grows

regardless friendship's can be heartless
for economic or mutual gain
eventually something along the lines of pain
comes into the soul where it remains...a memory

We had fun times, we enjoyed them well
Hanging out was pretty swell, but
as time went on I could tell
our time was over with the bell
signaling the end of a round
of life, now new people abound

new relationships new friends now
old friends I just don't know how
to tell you that we will be close while far,
closer then two passengers in a car
even if we don't talk anymore
doesn't mean we tire and bore
of each other and the times we had
it really makes me smile and glad
because you were some of the best friends I ever had.

Now I may be far away
as I find my place to stay
in this life were things run amok
obstacles, tribulations can get you stuck
and caught up in the run of things
the new experiences that time brings
but in the end it doesn't really matter
aging, or having a belly of batter
cause thats the way the adventure lends
itself to life my old friends

until we meet again at some point in the future
stay well, be safe, don't get sutured
meet a pretty woman, treat her well
so when we meet again it won't be in hell
Goodbye my old friends just thought I'd reminiss
about the good old times that I miss

No comments: